Saturday, August 29, 2009

Remembering











7 years ago yesterday, my daughter Katrina was born. I a was a scared, scared young woman. I was 19 years old, getting married in 6 weeks, and totally unprepared for what was coming. She was born at 24 weeks, 1 lb 4.2 oz and 17 inches long. She fought long and hard for the life she had, but it was not long enough. She died Jan 2004. This weekend I remember the life I had with her....the life I wish I had had with her. I will always remember my angel, Katrina Marie. Looking for pictures to share was hard, memories of her will always be difficult, no matter how much time passes. Thank you for reading this blog today.

7 comments:

Monica said...

Oh Steph, I had no idea. God bless you. You will be in my prayers especially today as you remember your precious baby girl. May you find joy in the hope that you will one day be reunited with this perfect little soul. Love and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Celebrating the feast of your little Saint in heaven. Prayers Stephanie.
~ Kristy

Hannah said...

What a precious little soul. I love the pictures of Katrina - such a beautiful little girl. Sending you and Drew so much love. (((HUGS)))

Unknown said...

What a beautiful little girl. Sending you lots of love today.

Stephaniewhite said...

Thanks everyone!

mbl said...

Thanks for sharing about your little angel. I know it can be difficult. She's beautiful!! marla

Ashlee said...

I can't believe it's been that long. I didn't get to meet Katrina but I remember all the wonderful stories you shared with me during our time in KC. She was a precious little girl. Thinking about you!

Ashlee