When we first found out we were moving to TX, I was unsure of what (if anything) I was going to like about it. Being that far from family seemed pretty daunting. However, living in Temple has been a completely enjoyable experience. A family oriented community, my great support system, access to many family activities. Today we took advantage of one of our family's favorite outdoor activites (not in the summer months), hiking at Chalk Ridge Park at Stillhouse. If you live in or near Temple/Belton, and you haven't been there, check it out! It's gorgeous right now with leaves falling, streams flowing, and just quiet. QUIET. That word is mostly nonexistent in our house, but I like to try and remember it when I can.
I'm thankful for my happy and healthy family and our many memories we are making together, including our hiking trip this afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment