Wednesday, January 6, 2010

checking in

Things are pretty quiet here this week! Drew is sick today :( However, that means the boys are getting some extra snuggle time with Daddy, which they love! I have accomplished alot today, making dentist appts for ALL of us (even Dorian, lol), ordering over 700 photos that span 5 months, and doing laundry. Some things are hard to do when Dorian sleeps, so they get put to the side til he wakes up. Still not walking yet, but he's crawling very fast and always has this ornery look on his face! Sometimes he whines at my leg and walks with me while I'm trying to do the dishes, and other times I just want to snuggle him and kiss him forever!

Markus started back to prek yesterday, and announced to me that the kid that never behaves is not in the class anymore! Is it possible to get KICKED out of prek? Who knows, maybe he moved, but it was big news to Markus :)

Nathan is happy that playgroups have started again, and he'll get his mommy grocery trip tomorrow. I'm ready to plan my week's meals tonight (ok, not fun, but nice to have it done) before I go shopping. It makes me feel like I'm not buying too much or the wrong things, plus we are going to start making more crockpot meals and freezing for later to avoid eating out! Of course, with Drew being sick, that'll be a big temptation!

This is kind of random, but why is it that 2 pairs of Levi's that are the EXACT same size but a different color could fit differently? I bought two, and one is slightly too big (need to buy a belt!) and one fits perfectly. I am frustrated! Too late to take one back too.

Well, hope you enjoyed the little update, time to go snuggle on the couch with the others :)

4 comments:

Monica said...

LOVE my crock pot, we use it often.

Different washes of denim stretch differently apparently, hence the size difference in a pair the same brand and "size". At least that's what I was told once. At any rate, bummer.

I'm just looking forward to wearing real jeans again soon!!!!!!!!!!!

Hannah said...

I love love love meal planning. I've done it since Kamy was born because I don't really enjoy eating out with kids. Mean Mommy! :)

Hope Drew feels better soon, and I hope no one else gets sick!

Unknown said...

We too love to meal plan. We did really good for a while and then wrestling started and it seemed pointless cause Dan was never home to eat with us anyhow. Then he discovered that there was nothing to eat when he got home, so we're getting back in the habit!
Hope Drew feels better! Having a sick husband can sometimes be like having an extra kid!

Stephaniewhite said...

I'm thankful Drew will eat leftovers, so even if he's not home, I know that he'll eat the leftovers when he gets home! He's the cook in our house though, so I know that he isn't ALWAYS excited about it :)