Healthy baby! On Tuesday I had my cerclage placement at the hospital, and all went well. Before they began they did a sono to make sure everything still looked good, and we saw a perfect healthy little boy/girl :) August 6th we will have our big sono and have a big announcement...still quite a ways away!
For those of you who don't know, a cerclage is a series of stitches put into your cervix with what looks like fishing line (very thick) and is pulled tightly shut so that I don't dialate early like I did with my first 2 pregnancies. This was my 4th cerclage, so I knew what to expect, and also knew that the chances of it working for me again were very high! Markus, Nathan, and Dorian were all pregnancies that I got cerclages. With Dorian things would have been FINE, but I just HAD to have placenta previa (my placenta was bleeding and slightly detached) which made me go into labor early.
So, yesterday and today I've had some back pain from the procedure due to the position I was put in and the spinal anesthesia (it relaxes the muscles in my back, making it easier for the muscles to stretch out while in the position and hurt now!). I've been very tired to, so I've just been doing a little here and there around the house...but at night I'm sleeping terribly!
Yesterday I managed to go the ENTIRE day w/o my zofran, an anti nausea/vomiting prescription I've been taking since about 8 weeks. It works great, but I would like to be able to manage without it soon. So, I was nauseous all night, and got up this morning and took it :P Guess I need it at least every other day? More updates to come....
No comments:
Post a Comment