Sunday, February 14, 2010
Lent
For Lent this year I am going to be trying something different. Usually I do what I've done since I was a kid and 'give something up.' This usually means candy, tv, pop, eating out, etc. This year I am going to try and do some extra things to enrich my faith. First off, I am going to try and follow in the footsteps of a friend and take my 3 boys to church during the week alone. Mind you, I've done this on Sunday, but not by choice! I've done it when Drew wasn't able to go with me because he was at the hospital the whole weekend. I've also tried to do more faith related reading. I bought a book tonight at church that is called, "Living the Days of Lent 2010." It gives you a scripture verse to reflect on daily and helps you apply it to your life. You are supposed to tear out each day and put it where you will see it often (refrigerator, computer, mirror). So, I'm going to give that a try. Giving something up makes me feel deprived, but sometimes in the past I've felt like Lent has past me by and I wasn't prepared at all for Easter. This year I am going to try harder. Starting on Wednesday, Ash Wednesday, I am going to try and write a reflection each day, we'll see how I do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment